THE BENEFITS AND OPPORTUNITIES OF SPONSORSHIP
This expedition gives your company the opportunity to associate with one of the greatest expedition firsts left on earth; the first woman to ski solo to the North Pole. In addition it is an expedition that literally goes right to the very coal face of the climate change issue and acts as a dynamic platform to springboard your environmental and sustainability policies straight into the public eye. Hannah has unlimited energy and enthusiasm to work with your PR and marketing teams to make this relationship one of outstanding value.
As a starting point, here are a few ways the expedition will be of value to you:
- Title sponsorship THE YOUR-COMPANY SOLO NORTH POLE EXPEDITION.
- Substantial patches on the clothing & sledge designed and placed to optimise TV and printed media exposure.
- Compelling website content via regular updates, promoting and hosting a day-by day account of the expedition on your company’s site attracts new site visitors and gives visitors a reason to return repeatedly.
- Use of quotes and the best photographic images for external or in-house promotional material. Photographs of clothing patches will be taken in the Arctic, before departure, showing them clearly, for use during, or after the journey.
- Schools programme including an online forum during the expedition, teaching packs, lesson plans and a presentation tour in association with the sponsor brand on Hannah’s return.
- Public & motivational speaking after the expedition both on the adventure and the environmental impact of climate change in the Arctic.
- Promotional days in support of exhibitions, in-house activities or hospitality events.
- Photography of your products, banners and merchandise in polar settings.
- Photography of your corporate brand or other flag at the Pole.
- Personal and corporate acknowledgements of sponsor support in the documentary and planned published book of the journey.
TARGET: £5 million in Equivalent Advertising Spend
- Satellite technology enables Hannah to give live interviews and send images as events unfold on the journey and in response to enquiries from target broadcast media publications and sponsors.
- Satellite technology also enables Hannah to send daily dispatches to her dedicated website www.hannahmckeand.com
- A weekly phone contact with a broadsheet journalist is planned to write up Hannah’s diary direct from the ice.
- Ascent Marketing, a media relations consultancy with experience of promoting polar expeditions, will create a pro-active strategy in partnership with your own PR department to optimise media coverage. This enhanced coverage will benefit all parties associated with the mission directly and/or indirectly. The greater the public awareness of the mission, the greater the potential value of sponsors’ involvement.
- In 2006 the media coverage for Hannah’s South Pole expedition, and even the coverage of her aborted North Pole attempt in early 2008, was huge including a full page article in The Times, large articles in all the other national broadsheet and tabloid newspapers and extensive coverage in regional publications all over the country. There was also extensive TV and radio news coverage.
- Sponsors will be able to speak directly to Hannah on the ice and be personally involved with her progress North.
- Hannah will be filming all aspects of the expedition with a view to making a television documentary about the journey.
- Hannah will ultimately write a book about this and her solo expedition to the South Pole.
Click here to download quick info sheet.
Click here to download full information pack.
SOLO SOUTH POLE & 2008 NORTH POLE ATTEMPT COVERAGE INCLUDES: